Fleet 01252884759

Guildford 01483494056

Winchester 01962383136


Mobile Menu
Mobile Menu

Help and Advice

Form E Divorce Financial Disclosure

How to complete a Form E for financial disclosure

What is a Form E?

When a marriage breaks down and the financial settlement is being discussed, it is advisable for the parties to exchange full and frank financial disclosure before preparing offers and deciding on the best way to divide the matrimonial assets. This is because it is helpful for both parties to have a clear understanding of each other’s finances when considering what is fair and it allows them both to obtain legal advice in respect of the finances.

Separation Divorce Consultation

I want to leave my spouse, but all the money is in their name – What can I do?

Coming to the decision that your marriage is at an end is never easy, but it can be even more concerning if your spouse is the financially stronger party. Worries about being “cut-off” or forced out of the house can lead many to feel they are trapped. There are steps you can take to protect yourself in these circumstances, but it is important to take early advice to ensure you understand the position.

Grounds for Divorce

What are the grounds for divorce?

There is only one ground for divorce, which is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably. In order to commence divorce proceedings, a divorce petition must be filed with the Court. The person who completes the divorce petition is known as the petitioner. The divorce petition sets out that the marriage has irretrievably broken down and this must be proved based upon one of five facts.