Fleet +44 (0)1252 622 422

Guildford +44 (0)1483 320114

+44 (0)800 488 0218

Mobile Menu
Mobile Menu
Separated parents at christmas

Can the Court decide who the children should spend Christmas with?

For many, the period up to Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year and being able to plan is essential to preparing for a happy holiday. This year in particular, it has never felt more important to be able to enjoy time with loved ones. Unfortunately, for separated parents this can also be one of the most difficult times for co-operation. Stress and tensions can be high, which leads to disputes over when and where the children should spend their time over Christmas.

Separation and Child Maintenance

Can I ask my child’s other parent to pay towards the cost of school trips and extra-curricular clubs?

Children so often want to attend clubs such as brownies, football or art classes and go on school trips which require a financial contribution from parents, but how as parents should we discharge those costs?

What to do when a Court Order relating to your child changes

The Court accepts that even after an Order has been made in relation to arrangements for a child’s care, matters can change and that Order may not be what is best for the child for the entirety of their childhood. As children grow what perhaps was right for them at a younger age, will not necessarily suit them as they enter their teenage years for example.