Fleet 01252884759

Guildford 01483494056

Winchester 01962383136


Mobile Menu
Mobile Menu

Financial provision

Resolving financial issues that arise as a result of divorce or separation

The process of resolving financial issues between parties runs alongside divorce or dissolution proceedings and is often an area of great importance and complexity.

It is imperative that you seek legal advice as soon as possible relating to finances, particularly where there are significant assets such as the matrimonial home or there are pressing issues relating to income needs (maintenance).

Personal and commercial financial disclosures, partnership agreements, trusts

Watson Thomas Solicitors are highly experienced in dealing with complex personal and commercial financial arrangements, including property issues, family businesses, partnerships and trusts. We are able to guide clients through the financial disclosure process, apply expert skills to uncover hidden assets and present a case in the most appropriate manner.

If necessary we will also act quickly to protect assets, for example if it appears assets may be dissipated or hidden by the other party.

Our office in Guildford is just minutes from the local County Court and close to London and we are therefore in a good position to make emergency applications.

Watson Thomas Solicitors have offices in Fleet, WinchesterGuildfordBracknell, Camberley, Farnborough and Woking.

If you need legal guidance and support on resolving financial issues that arise as a result of divorce or separation, please call on 0330 311 9849.

FAQ'S On Financial Provision

What is a financial remedy order?

A financial remedy order may be required if a married couple or those in a civil partnership want to separate but resolve their finances first, then divorce later.

Do I have to share my pension with my ex if I get divorced?

In divorce proceedings, it is important to value all pensions. A pension can change significantly in value from one year to the next, so it is important to have up to date documentation. If one spouse has a more valuable pension pot than the other, the spouse with the lower valued pension may be seek a Pension Sharing Order. Unless that claim can be offset with alternative funds within the matrimonial finances then such an Order will likely be made.

What is a Pension Sharing Order?

A pension sharing order takes an agreed amount of money from one spouse’s pension and places it into a pension belonging to the other spouse. The amount of money to be taken is agreed as a percentage of the paying spouse’s pension CETV.

Read More

Our family law services include: